Traduction (français > anglais)
La Verrerie, home of the Stuarts and switch Voguë lives of many famous figures in the history of France in the same site where time seems to rest !
Oizon and the Chateau de la Verrerie
The origins of the Château de La Verrerie date back to 1422. In this year, King Charles VII gave the County of Aubigny to John
Stuart, Count of Darnley and Constable of Scotland, in recognition of
his loyal services during the Hundred Years’ War in the battle against
the English. A small glass lakeside glass factory, which was demolished in 1815, inspired the name of “La Verrerie”.
However, the château was not built until the end of the 15th century, at which time Béraud Stuart, the grandson of John Stuart, returning from a campaign in Italy, constructed the main house to the side of the Chapel, that joined onto the Renaissance Gallery, which was built in 1525 by Robert Stuart, the son-in-law of Béraud Stuart and a comrade-in-arms of Bayard.
Farming is the main activity of the municipality where 22 farms are located that produce grains that are specialized in cattle. The forest is an area of 1150 hectares.